Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ten Frames




My friend Jess went to a workshop and got the idea to make a magnetic ten frame using small circular magnets and cookie sheets. We use them in kindergarten to help students understand place value and addition/subtraction. So I liked the idea and made the blue and orange one with some scraps. I used 3/4" magnets with foam tape already adhered and cut the circles from Plantin Schoolbook. My nephew liked it and wanted one. I was giving it as a birthday present so I wanted to make it cuter than just dots. His favorite colors are yellow and orange. So I used yellow and orange Mickey Ears from the Mickey Font cartridge cut at 1 inch. I shadowed them to give the ears a little more strength. So then my daughter so the Mickey ones and wanted those instead of the circle one I had made her. She found the glitter paper in my stash and decided to use that for hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment